Experience the exciting world of startups, right here in New Orleans.
The Idea Village IDEAfellows program seeks currently-enrolled Loyola College of Business students who have a passion for startups and a desire to make a difference in the community. After applying, the students that are invited to participate will channel that entrepreneurial passion into work that supports founders of all identities and in various industries, approaching their needs or requests with humility and enthusiasm. The fellowship occurs during the Spring semester and requires a minimum of 10 hours per week of in-person work supporting startups in addition to participation in a day-long training model (hosted by Idea Village staff).
- Plan and execute scoped consulting projects negotiated with startups. Fellows will be assigned by IV staff to these projects based on their qualifications/skillsets. The projects will have clear timelines that is designed to fit within the constraints of the fellowship time commitment and will be designed to deliver outcomes that support the advancement of pre-determined goals.
- Work with multiple stakeholders ranging from founders to industry experts, as well as other IDEAfellows and interns, to develop actionable plans, roadmaps, and goals that address key deficiencies and opportunities for one or multiple startups.
- Attend regular meetings with client founders and IV staff where progress reports based on scoped project outcomes will be delivered. Data-driven recommendations delivered orally or in writing regarding business operations and processes will be required.
- Investigate business operations, industry dynamics and other relevant domains, collecting data from multiple sources (e.g., archival, interview, survey) to support recommendations or advance scoped project milestones.
- Adjust strategies, plans, and goals based on market factors, business capacities, and operational constraints that may arise during a scoped project.
- Participate in events as assigned by Idea Village management that conform to a negotiated time commitment and schedule which will include both training, remote work, and work at locations across New Orleans.
The founders you will be working with have been selected to participate in our VILLAGEx program. VILLAGEx is an industry-leading, mentor-driven accelerator program for technology-enabled startups. The selective 4-month program is cohort-based, and it leverages the passion and expertise of New Orleanians across the globe to provide founders with the connections and resources needed to scale rapidly.
- Enrollment in a graduate program at the Loyola University College of Business
- Entrepreneurial thinking. The ideal candidate will be able to design and support solutions to help meet objectives and expected outcomes with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Possess a strong ability to learn new techniques and technologies relevant to client needs
- Must be committed to supporting the mission of The Idea Village
Employee Type: Part Time, Exempt
Benefits: No benefits provided
Compensation: $3,000 stipend for 120 hours of expected work
Manages Others: No, however, may include management of undergraduate interns
Location: The Idea Village Offices 900 Camp Street, Ste 308, New Orleans, LA 70130
Job Type: Part-time Fellowship
Schedule: Negotiated shifts based on founder availability and project requirements. Will not conflict with Loyola graduate class schedule