Side Hustle Expo
Show off your Side Hustle and win your share of $2,500 in Scholarships!
Do you have a Side Hustle? Are you thinking of starting a Side Hustle? Sign up for the Side Hustle Expo! This is your chance to showcase your service or product to potential new customers and compete to win your share of $2,500 in scholarships!
Whether you make jewelry, bake muffins, produce videos or recordings; are a dog-walker, play gigs, take photos or pursue any other venture to earn extra cash, this is your golden opportunity!
Important Deadlines + Details:
Want to be a part of the showcase? SIGN-UP HERE.
Application Deadline: Friday March 24, 2023
Presentation Board Pickup + Training: Tuesday, March 28, 2023; 12:30-1:30
We'll provide the presentation boards - you provide the creativity.
Expo: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Location: St. Charles Room
Assistant Director, Center for Entrepreneurship + Community Development
What do you need to do to show off your Side Hustle?
- Get one of those Science Boards (remember from High School) and add the following information:
- Your business name if you have one
- Your name
- Your university classification (undergrad, grad, faculty, staff, etc)
- A description of what service or product you offer
- A description of your customers (age, demographic)
- How do you currently or do you expect to connect with clients?
- How much of your product or service have you sold so far (dollars or volume)? (it's ok if you have just started and haven't sold yet)
- What are your goals for the next 12 months?
- How do you plan to meet these goals?
- What kind of support do you need to make those goals a reality?
- Lots of pictures
- If you have anything you want to sell, bring examples and take orders. No sales will take place directly during the Expo
- Have a business cards, or a QR Code so people can find you after the Expo
Example of a board below: